Baby Sign Language
Use Simple Baby Sign Language
Give Your Baby A Developmental Head Start!
How many times have you looked at your baby and thought, "Why is my baby crying?" If only your baby could tell you what's wrong, what hurts, what they want or what they need, wouldn't it make your life a lot easier?
Well now you can! Introducing Australian Baby Hands, Australia's only accredited Baby Sign Language Products, provides you with fun and easy to use products on how to introduce baby sign language into your home and begin to experience the benefits of baby sign language.
Baby Sign Language... Why Use It?
No matter if you are a first time parent or a parent for the 10th time, baby sign language can benefit you and can strengthen the bond between you and your baby, making parenting less stressful.
Since launching Australian Baby Hands over two years ago I have had hundreds of wonderful stories from parents and childcare professionals.
"This is a short video of our 2YO who we have been encouraging to use sign for the basics from around 4 Months. We believe this has been a great help in her personal development."
Joyleen Brown, NSW
Baby sign language - the benefits
Australian Baby Hands has been developed as a communication tool for you and your pre-verbal baby. Thousands of parents and childcare workers are experiencing the benefits of baby sign language thanks to Australian Baby Hands. Incorporating baby sign language into your everyday life will benefit you and your baby in some of the following ways:
- Using baby sign language, your baby will be able to express their needs and wants to you before being able to speak thanks to this fun easy to learn guide of Australian baby sign language.
- Baby Sign Language helps reduce frustration for you and your baby providing you with a communication system which can be used with babies from 6 months to 2 1/2 years.
- Baby sign language research in both preverbal and verbal children highlights that those children who are exposed to baby sign language are generally more self-confident and have increased self-esteem.
- Baby Sign Language helps accelerate the speech process.
- Baby Sign Language provides a strong foundation for early literacy, helping to advance your child's vocabulary, spelling and reading ability.
- Baby Sign Language provides an insight into your baby's thoughts and interests and creates a stronger bond between you and your baby.
- Baby Sign Language stimulates brain development, resulting in higher IQ's.
My name is Jackie Durnin; I became involved in baby sign language through my love of sign language. After studying sign language in both Ireland and Australia, I came across the use of sign language with babies and more than two decades of research supporting its benefits. (More on the research into baby sign language).
I also witnessed and heard my friends tell me how their inability to know what was wrong with their baby all the time was frustrating and heart wrenching. I realized that there had to be a better way for both parents and babies. As a result, Australian Baby Hands was born.
Why Use Australian Baby Hands Products?
Australian Baby Hands products have been developed using the national sign language of Australia, Auslan. Currently Australian Baby Hands are the only accredited Auslan baby signing products in the country! Read more information on Australian Baby Hands accreditation.
The main reasons why so many parents and childcare centre's use Australian Baby Hands are the following:
- Australian Baby Hands is 100% Auslan. It incorporates the national sign language of Australia and currently are the only accredited baby sign language products on the Australian market.
- Australian Baby Hands products are fun easy to use guides on how to incorporate baby sign language into your home or childcare centre.
- No prior experience in sign language is necessary thanks to the easy to follow Australian Baby Hands products.
- Australian Baby Hands book is endorsed by Deaf Children Australia. Australian Baby Hands supports the work of Deaf Children Australia. For each copy sold, Australian Baby Hands will be donating 10% of all profits to Deaf Children Australia. To learn about their work or to show your support, you can visit them at their website at www.deafchildrenaustralia.org.au
- Australian Baby Hands has a 100% No-Risk, One Year Money Back Guarantee. You have 365 days to experience the benefits of this simple informative book. This gives you a chance to see what baby sign language can do for you and your baby. If you don't feel like you have genuinely experienced any benefits, or the book does not live up to your expectations, just send it back to me and I'll instantly refund your purchase price, no questions asked. *
- Australian Baby Hands products have a proven track record in over 15,000 homes and childcare centre's around Australia. To find out what benefits parents and childcare centre's have been experiencing by having a baby signing child/children, read their baby signing stories here.
Charlotte signs "Please"
My daughter Charlottes signing just gets better every week and I love being able to communicate with her so easily.
She is 16 months old and we have been signing for about the last 6 months thru our day care centre.
I try to introduce a new word every week last week we have been using the word Car for every morning when we go to hop in it. They have started using more words in her room at day care too so it all helps.
My sister in law was a sceptic but when she visited at Christmas and saw with her own eyes she was amazed by it.
We now use about 8 words and her toilet training has started with the "POO" sign so every time she comes and tells us and on the potty we go, excellent!"
Lorraine Burow, Kellyville
- Numerous childcare associations and organisations in the States and Territories of Australia recommend Australian Baby Hands products.
"Australian Baby Hands is a well written and researched book that is easy to read. Implementation of Australian Sign Language to babies is shown to be easy and most beneficial to all who use it.
For child care centre's that have babies attending, I recommend the use of Australian Baby Hands in the children's program. Research shows that babies who have used baby sign language have advanced communication, literacy and memory skills and high self confidence and self esteem."
Kay Lockhart, Professional Development Manager, Child Care NSW
Who Can Benefit From Australian Baby Hands Products?
Australian Baby Hands products are suitable for many different people.
Of the thousands of Australians using Australian Baby Hands, they generally fall into one of seven categories:
- Parents who want to learn to communicate with their hearing baby.
- Parents who want to learn to communicate with their deaf baby.
- Parents who want to learn to communicate with a special needs child. Baby sign language has been shown to be beneficial with children with Down Syndrome, Autism or any other communication problem.
- Parents who want to teach their verbal children basic sign language and expose them to the benefits. Read more on the benefits of teaching verbal children sign language.
- Childcare workers who want to learn to communicate with the pre-verbal children in their childcare centre.
- Primary teachers who want to introduce basic signs to their verbal students and expose them to the benefits of learning basic sign language.
- Nurses who want to communicate with victims of stroke, who are unable to communicate verbally.
Australian Baby Hands Products
Australian Baby Hands has a number of products to help you get started on your baby sign language adventure. For parents who are interested in introducing baby sign language into their home here are a selection of Australian Baby Hands products;
Australian Baby Hands Book
Australian Baby Hands Flashcards
Australian Baby Hands Poster
Sammy The Signing Bear
All these products can be purchased individually or as combination packages, giving you all the information you need at the best possible price.
For Childcare centre's, Australian Baby Hands has developed a special Australian Baby Hands Childcare Centre Pack. This pack provides a childcare centre with everything they need to incorporate baby sign language into the childcare environment. Learn more about baby sign language in Childcare.
What Baby Sign Language Can Do For You!
Picture this, its one year from now and you have successfully incorporated the principles of baby sign language into you and your baby's everyday life. Sleepless nights, your baby crying for no reason at all, frustrating moments trying to decide what your baby wants or needs have become few and far between. Your baby can sign to you what they want when they want it, can initiate a conversation with you about things that interest them and are therefore a happy confident baby.
"I would like to thank you for your ingenious signing program.
My 2 year old son, Jesse, has picked it up with such ease and it is such a wonderful sight when he comes up to me and tells me both spoken and signing that he wants to have a bath, or a drink, or play with the dogs, cat, birds.
It is breath taking and such a contrast to 6 months ago when he would be crying, yelling and so upset because as hard as we tried, we just could not comprehend what he was asking for.
I am just 6 weeks away from having my second son and we will be using our signs from the first day in hospital to get into the routine. We only wished that we had of heard of this fantastic program when we were pregnant with our first beautiful son.
Thanks again, you have improve our communication with our son a million times over!!!!!"
Dianna, Brian and Jesse Ray
If this sounds like something you would like for you and your baby, you can start straight away.
Remember there's absolutely no risk. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. You have one full year to benefit from Australian Baby Hands products plus you will be indirectly contributing and supporting Deaf Children Australia (when you purchase the Australian Baby Hands book).
For every product purchase, we are giving away THREE Complimentary Downloadable Bonuses. These products are designed to compliment your learning program and make life easier for you and fun for your child!
Bonus #2 "The Nursery" By Tizzie Hall
Bonus #3 "Triggers for Sleep Problems" By Tizzie Hall
All Backed By My 100% No-Risk, One Year Money Back Guarantee
To Start Communicating with Your Baby Using Baby Sign Language, simply click here. (You will receive your download instructions via e-mail right away with details for your THREE Complimentary Downloadable Bonuses.)
Author - Australian Baby Hands
P.S. Please keep in touch and let me know how you get on, I would love to hear from you.
If you have any trouble at all with purchasing online or receiving your products please contact us and we will make sure that we help you in every way possible.
*Refund offer applies only to those books purchased directly through Baby Hands Pty Ltd. This offer does not apply to purchases made through book stores or any other distributor channel. Books must be returned in re-salable condition. Postage and handling charges not refundable.